Friday, February 6, 2009

Hedge Yourselves!

I really hope you don't suppose me the pessimist. I really do wish the best for the economy...but...we are all going to hell in a hand basket!!!! Aaaahhhhh!!!!! I don't know how long the market will rally, or if, or when it will sell off, so let's look at risk to reward. What are the chances of hearing good news in 2009 on a regular basis? So far the only good news has pretty much been bad news that was better than expected. So if you like staying in the market then just hedge yourself. In 1930 the market rallied for most of the year before a huge sell off near year end. Implement close to the money covered calls, or collars on your long term portfolio holdings.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

Marti Hawker said...

Great info Max. You have a good way of wording things to keep poeples attention. Thanks for giving me the address!